Follow Me

Sunday, 28 June 2015

I'm a Liebster Award Nominee!

Hey Guys!

So, exciting news! Not only is it officially the summer holidays, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Jeanne of Jeanne's Stylebook!



Rules

The rules are easy. If you are nominated, just follow these steps!

  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and show a link to their website (because manners are always nice!)
  2. Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator. 
  3. Nominate and link blogs with less than 200 followers and tell them they are nominated!
  4. Write 10 new questions for the nominees to answer in their blog.


Q&A

What got you into blogging?
I always loved the idea of keeping a diary and writing down my thoughts and ideas however, as any kid, I never really knew how to start a blog. I began small blogs with no real idea of what I was doing, naming them things like "I have no idea what to call this" and things of the same sort. Makeup and hair became a real passion of mine and people began asking me how I done my makeup that day and my hair the next so I came up with the idea of creating a blog to show people how I done things. After researching beauty blogs, I found many I loved and I realised it was actually quite a popular thing. So I stuck to it!

Who is your role model and why?
I have many different role models and people I look up to, all for a variety of things. However as cliché as this answer may be, I definitely look up to my sister. Although people like Jennifer Lawrence, Princess Grace and Marilyn Monroe give me confidence with things like body image and the abilities of a woman, none of them compare to the lessons my sister has taught me when it comes to strength and courage. For that, I look up to her and strive to be like her. I don't mean in the way younger sisters usually do (although I do still steal her clothes and dress like her), I mean in her manner and train of thought. She is definitely my role model. 

How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style has definitely changed through the years. As any young girl, I was always scared to wear clothes that were different to what the trend was. I opted for the simple clothes, the blend in clothes, the ones that say 'stay in the background'. I was never one to venture too far from the current trend. However years of confidence building and realising that I don't want to be a sheep anymore has me venturing further a field. Don't get me wrong, I always try to keep up with the trends but I much prefer a more boho chic style, something a little different to what the girl beside me wears. My personal style is definitely a lot more outside the box and a little further away from the background now with dresses worn whether its a night out or not, shoes not always suited to the outing and jewellery whenever I have the chance. 

What inspires you when you put together your outfits?
As cliche as this answer is, I'm definitely a big fan of tumblr and often my outfits are bought based on something I've seen there. As I said, I am a massive fan of the whole boho chic style that's sweeping the nation and it's often based off an almost festival style outfit. As long as it matches my stacks of necklaces and my wedged army boots, I'm a happy bunny. 

What are you struggling with as a blogger?
If you haven't already noticed, it is definitely the timing. I am always striving to be on time but somehow, I never quite make it. It's not that I live a busy lifestyle, but I always seem to go wrong with planning somehow. Aside from that, I can't say I struggle much. I love it!

What's your profession besides blogging?
Well, I am still in school so I don't actually work however I do want to head into the route of Fashion Journalism and continue my love of fashion and writing into some sort of career. This next part may seem unrealistic however, watching the likes of InTheFrow and Zoella, my biggest want would be to turn blogging into a profession. That would be pretty darn cool.

What is your lifestyle? Adventure or safety?
I wish I could say that I live life on the edge, but in all honesty, I'm a bit of a woos. I'm all for travelling, experiencing as much as you can as soon as you can, living whilst your young and will preach all day about how 'you only live once' but I've yet to turn my preaching into a reality for myself. I am becoming more adventurous however, slowly but surely. 

What is your favourite quote?
Now this is a difficult question. I happen to be a bit of a quote hoarder what with my two quote books filled to the brim, my wall covered from floor to ceiling in my favourite quotes and my camera roll stacked with screenshots of yet more quotes. However, I will give you one of my favourites.

"A bird on a branch is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch itself but in its own wings."

What is your favourite series or movie?
My favourite series by far has definitely got to be Nashville. I can't even say I have a valid reason. I put it on the TV one day and have been hooked ever since. It's so addictive and their accents are just something else! My favourite movie however is more difficult. I am a major fan of any movie really but I am a big fan of The First Time again for no valid reason. It's an easy to watch, funny, romantic movie with Dylan O'Brien, what more could a girl ask for?

Glass half full or half empty?
I am definitely a glass half full kind of person. There is no point in looking at life in a negative view. Bad things happen, of course but good things happen also and you just have to be positive and keep looking forward. "The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you've come" (a bonus quote for you).


My Nominations

Julia of Floral Heart
Andreea of Beauty Infusion
Erica of Secondary Soul
Oliver of Suede and Symphony
Syeda of My Mini Stash
Zeinab of Runaway Habit
Liana of Tomboy Chronicle


My Questions
  1. Why did you begin blogging?
  2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
  3. If you could have a dinner party with your favourite role models, who would they be and why?
  4. What is your favourite beauty product currently?
  5. What is your favourite quote?
  6. What is your other passion besides blogging?
  7. Describe your perfect day.
  8. What is your favourite shop and why?
  9. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest?
  10. What is your most treasured possession and why?

Thanks again for the nomination Jeanne! And to the bloggers I nominated, you fully deserve it and I wish you luck on your journey as a blogger!


Much love xx


.