Follow Me

Friday, 6 March 2015

Pink For Spring: Makeup Tutorial

Hey Guys!

Happy Friday to you all! This week, I've really been getting in the mood for Spring, so I thought, why not do a Spring inspired makeup tutorial. Now, I know pink isn't always everyone's colour. I know for me, it is so far out of my comfort zone that the pinks I used in the tutorial had never before been opened and that is rare for me. I have no patience at all, so leaving a makeup product in the background to collect dust is not in my character. But since it is finally Spring and I want nothing more than to see the flowers blossoming and the sun shining, I thought I'd cheer myself up a little and bring Spring to this blog post.

                                                    Pink For Spring: Makeup Tutorial




So, although pink may not be your best colour, I must admit this look is a very subtle pink and would be very easy to pull off no matter if you think you suit it or not. Pink is such a versatile colour and doesn't have to be that bright pink, childlike colour that popped into your head at the mention of pink.  I focussed the pink more so on the pink colour of the lips and on the outer corners of the eyes. I kept it very simple, making it quite an innocent look.




The face was left very simple although I slightly contoured the cheeks. The good thing about this look is that you can easily change it to whatever your preference is and it will still look just as lovely.








What I used

As the makeup was pretty minimal, I used the basics of my collection. As always, I used my trusty Urban Decay Foundation  alongside the Wake Me Up Concealer. I've seen plenty beauty bloggers raving about this product so I thought I'd purchase one myself and believe me, it deserves all the raving it has received and more. I'm not usually one for concealers, but recently this particular product has been my saviour. On those days where your makeup just doesn't seem to sit right, it works fantastically well in hiding those little imperfections super quickly and effectively. Another one of my saviours is my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I would definitely recommend purchasing one, purely for the flawless application of foundation it has going on.
So besides the foundation, I slightly contoured the face using my Moulin Rouge Cheek Colour by Models Prefer which has featured in a number of my posts recently. It was perfect when it came to giving the cheeks the pinkish glow they needed. I also used my Nude Pink Lipstick which really emphasised the pink tones in the lips. To amplify the eyes, I used my NYC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in white which is fantastic when it comes to making the eyes look larger and more defined.

 Eyes

Colour Couture Cosmetics 

For the eyes, again I used my ever trust worthy Rule Of Three when applying the eyeshadow. I used three tones of pink, using the lightest as a base, covering the whole eyelid with the light and shimmery powder before I then blended the darker shade of pink into the crease and onto the outside corner of the eyes. I used the darkest shade and brought it onto the rim of the bottom eyelid, blending it with my Blender Brush into the crease and the outer corner of the eye. It gave a very subtle and innocent look, but very effective. 

The Colours I Used


All of the colours have a slight glimmer to them and are very pink although it is very easy to tone it down, or vamp it up if you wish to! It all depends on how much eyeshadow you choose to apply. 




Hopefully this gave you a bit of a Spring feeling! I'm planning to do many more makeup tutorials in the coming weeks, so please give me some ideas of what you'd like to see!

Much love xx


.