Follow Me

Friday, 13 March 2015

'Frozen' Inspired Hairstyle

Hey Guys!

It feels like so long since I last posted! I refuse to make excuses though I am going to attempt to make more time for blog posts. I've been neglecting the quality and depth within my posts and I am adamant to change that! Soon, fingers crossed very soon, I plan on making way more blog posts than just once a week. Please give some suggestions on what you would like to see!
So recently, my obsession with Frozen has revived itself, especially my obsession with Elsa's trademark hairstyle. Frozen is one of those movies which reaches out to all age groups, so I feel completely fine admitting my obsession and my undying wish to look like Elsa. So I thought, let's be a child for the day and look like Elsa. 


'Frozen' Inspired Hairstyle



This hairstyle was very fun to recreate and surprisingly simple. It consisted of a fishtail plait that was kind of off centre, mainly down the right side of the head, then followed into a simple ballerina bun. 
  1. Split your hairline to the left so the majority of your hair is to the right of your head. 
  2. Take a small section from the front of your hairline and split it into two
  3. Take a third section, but smaller, and bring it over one section of the hair and join it to the other section, crossing it over. 
  4. Repeat this. Its as if you were to complete a french braid with only two strands.
  5. Continue your fishtail plait until you reach behind your ears, where you will then tie the plait with an elastic band or thin bobble. 
  6. Collect the remaining hair, including the hair within the bobble and twist it around to make a ballet bun
  7. Making sure it is slightly off centre, secure it with bobby pins.
  8. Spray with hairspray
In order to recreate the hairstyle in which she wears it in a full, thick fishtail braid, minus the ballet bun, then simple remove your hair from the bun and continue your fishtail braid down the length of your hair. Tie it with a simple hair tie and pull slightly at the hair in order to give it its thickness within the plait. And tah dah, there is your Elsa hairstyles. 

Thank you for reading and as I said at the beginning, I aim to be creating a heck of a lot more blog posts very soon indeed! So please do tell me what content you would like to see!

Mwah xx


.